Mk-18 Mod 1 Mjölnir
338 Lapua Magnum, 338 Norma Magnum, 300 Norma Magnum Semi-Automatic Rifle
Extreme Distance, Self-Regulating Gas Piston Platform
The Mk-18 Mod 1 Semi Automatic Sniper Rifle with Quick Change Upper Receiver Capability was designed to take advantage of the ballistic capabilities of the 338 Lapua Magnum, 338 Norma Magnum and 300 Norma Magnum cartridges. The system provides an over-match capability in a light weight manageable semi-auto platform, which can be jumped, roped, and patrolled with ease. The concept was to provide U.S. and coalition troops with an alternative platform to heavier less accurate machine guns or heavy slow rate of fire bolt action sniper rifles.
The Set Up:
Patent Pending Tuned Compensator
- Perfectly tuned to remove muzzle flip and to help reduce recoil.
Cut Rifled and Black Nitride Coated Barrel
- Manufactured with Precision Single-Point Cut Rifled Bartlein Barrels and Nitride coated to allow for maximum accuracy and durability. The Mk-18 has been accuracy tested to 1/2 MOA.
Proprietary Self-Regulating Piston System
- Piston system removes carbon fouling from the upper receiver and bolt carrier assembly. Self regulating means no gas setting and the ability to run a wide range of ammo.
M-Lok Compatible Rail System
- Free floated to maximize accuracy, simple removal procedure for piston maintenance and flexibility to add mounting solutions.
Rugged Black Nitrided Bolt Carrier Assembly
- Machine on precision CNC machines out of special material and coated in Black Nitride the Mk-18’s bolt carrier is functional, durable, and aesthetically pleasing.
Ambi-Bolt Catch/Release Pad
- Located near the lower/front portion of the trigger well. The bolt catch release pad makes locking or releasing the bolt easy with your trigger finger. Left and right handed operators can manipulate it without giving up fire control or moving their support side hand.
Ambi- Magazine Release Buttons
- Located on opposing sides of the lower receiver, the ambi-magazine release buttons allow left and right handed operators to drop the magazine with their trigger finger and without giving up fire control.
Tungsten Filled Heavy Buffer
- Weighted and tuned specifically for the Mk-18’s rate of return.
Piston Rated Heavy Action Spring
- Heavy duty and durable, this action spring is perfectly tuned and rated for the Mk-18’s rate of return.
Mjölnir is the hammer of Thor, a major Norse God associated with thunder. Mjölnir is depicted in Norse mythology as one of the most fearsome weapons, capable of leveling mountains. Translated it means that which smashes, a perfectly suited name for the Mk-18 Mod 1 Semi Automatic 338 Lapua Magnum, 338 Norma Magnum, 300 Norma Magnum.
SWORD International Accuracy Commitment:
SWORD International ensures each Mk-18 weapon system is tested at 300 yards using match-grade ammunition. Each weapon system is certified to shoot 1 MOA (3.141”) at 300 yards.
Though we are confident that each weapon system is capable of shooting sub MOA accuracy, we cannot guarantee every end-user proficiency level, optic quality, mounting solution, platform familiarity and ammunition is capable of taking advantage of that accuracy. The end-user should be aware that the above listed factors; as well as environmental variables can greatly affect accuracy
Operating System: Short Stroke Gas Piston System
Caliber: .338LM, .338NM, 300NM
Weight: 12.25lbs W/O Magazine, 13.25lbs W/ Unloaded Magazine
Magazine: 10 Round Aluminum Magazine
Length: 45″ Muzzle to end of stock
Height: 8″ Top of upper receiver to bottom of pistol grip
Coatings: Milspec Type 3 Hardcoat Anodize- Black or Brown
MSRP: $6,995.00 USD
Additional Coatings: SWORD Custom Cerakote- Assaulter Grey, Regnar Green, Battle Brown
thetruthaboutguns.com | January 21, 2016
thefirearmblog.com | January 14, 2014
tactical-life.com | January 14, 2014
thetruthaboutguns.com | January 13, 2014
GunnyTime | Season 2015, Episode 110 – Future Counter Terrorism