The Mk-16 Mod 1 was designed to create an accurate, reliable, and durable assault carbine utilizes the familiar M-16/M-4/AR series platform as a starting point. The first step was to improve the direct-impingement gas system by replacing it with a proprietary heavy duty piston system. The next point of focus was to incorporate end-user friendly design features typically found on AR series rifles in the form of aftermarket add-ons. To add these features and achieve absolute platform harmony they have been engineered and built specifically for the Mk-16 Mod 1 platform. These design features include ambi-bolt catch/release and magazine release. The Mk-16 Mod 1 platform has been engineered and manufactured as an all in compassing carbine solution.
The Set Up:
Warfighter PC Compensator V2
- Perfectly tuned to remove muzzle flip and to help reduce recoil.
Button Rifled and Black Nitride Coated Barrel
- Precision machined, button rifled and Nitride coated to allow for maximum accuracy and durability.
Proprietary Self-Regulating Piston System
- Piston system removes carbon fouling from the upper receiver and bolt carrier assembly. Self regulating means no gas setting and the ability to run a wide range of ammo.
M-Lok Compatible Rail System
- Free floated to maximize accuracy, simple removal procedure for piston maintenance and flexibility to add mounting solutions.
Rugged Black Nitrided Bolt Carrier Assembly
- Machine on precision CNC machines out of special material and coated in Black Nitride the Mk-16’s bolt carrier is functional, durable, and aesthetically pleasing.
Ambi-Bolt Catch/Release Pad
- Located near the lower/front portion of the trigger well. The bolt catch release pad makes locking or releasing the bolt easy with your trigger finger. Left and right handed operators can manipulate it without giving up fire control or moving their support side hand.
Ambi-Magazine Release Buttons
- Located on opposing sides of the lower receiver, the ambi-magazine release buttons allow left and right handed operators to drop the magazine with their trigger finger and without giving up fire control.
Tungsten Filled Heavy Buffer
- Weighted and tuned specifically for the Mk-16’s rate of return.
Piston Rated Heavy Action Spring
- Heavy duty and durable, this action spring is perfectly tuned and rated for the Mk-16’s rate of return.
Jäger means “hunter” in German. In military contexts Jäger may be regarded as meaning “rifleman” or “fighter.” The mission of modern Jägers are akin to US Army Rangers. Their missions require speed, effectiveness, and rugged reliability in a wide variety of demanding conditions. That is exactly what the MK 16 Jäger Karabiner is built to deliver.
Operating System: Short Stroke Gas Piston
Caliber: 5.56 x 45 NATO, 300 BLK
Weight: 8lbs W/O Magazine, 8.24lbs W/ Empty magazine
Length: 33.5″ Stock collapsed, 36.6″ Stock fully extended
Height: 7.5″ Rear sight to bottom of pistol grip
Coatings: Milspec Type 3 Hardcoat Anodize- Black
Coatings: Battle Brown, Regnar Green (Additional $300)
Customization: Additional customization available, phone for information. Online Rifle Customization coming soon!
SWORD International Accuracy Commitment:
SWORD International ensures each Mk-16 weapon system is tested at 100 yards using match-grade ammunition. Each weapon system is certified to shoot 1 MOA at 100 yards.
Though we are confident that each weapon system is capable of shooting sub MOA accuracy, we cannot guarantee every end-user proficiency level, optic quality, mounting solution, platform familiarity and ammunition is capable of taking advantage of that accuracy. The end-user should be aware that the above listed factors; as well as environmental variables can greatly affect accuracy