Mk-17 Mod 0 Tyrant 22
7.62 x 51 NATO & 6.5 Creedmoor Semi-Automatic Rifle
MSRP: Call for Pricing
The MK-17 Mod 0 available in 7.62 x 51 NATO & 6.5 Creedmoor Medium Range Semi Automatic Rifle has been purpose built to give the end-user a lightweight compact platform with long range precision capabilities. At sub 9 pounds, this rifle has the feel of a carbine but is gifted with the ballistic capability of the 7.62 x 51 NATO, 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge. The MK-17 ergonomics coupled with its lighter weight, increased accuracy, improved ergonomics, and superior reliability, sets a new standard for medium range rifle performance.
The Set Up:
- Perfectly tuned to remove muzzle flip and to help reduce recoil.
Cut Rifled and Black Nitride Coated Barrel
- Manufactured with Precision Single-Point Cut Rifled Barrels and Nitride coated to allow for maximum accuracy and durability. The Mk-17 Mod 0 has been accuracy tested to 1/4 MOA.
Proprietary Self-Regulating Piston System
- Piston system removes carbon fouling from the upper receiver and bolt carrier assembly. Self regulating means no gas setting and the ability to run a wide range of ammo.
M-Lok Compatible Rail System
- Free floated to maximize accuracy, simple removal procedure for piston maintenance and flexibility to add mounting solutions.
Rugged Black Nitrided Bolt Carrier Assembly
- Machine on precision CNC machines out of special material and coated in Black Nitride the Mk-17’s bolt carrier is functional, durable, and aesthetically pleasing.
Ambi-Bolt Catch/Release Pad
- Located near the lower/front portion of the trigger well. The bolt catch release pad makes locking or releasing the bolt easy with your trigger finger. Left and right handed operators can manipulate it without giving up fire control or moving their support side hand.
Ambi-Magazine Release Buttons
- Located on opposing sides of the lower receiver, the ambi-magazine release buttons allow left and right handed operators to drop the magazine with their trigger finger and without giving up fire control.
Tungsten Filled Heavy Buffer
- Weighted and tuned specifically for the Mk-17’s rate of return.
Piston Rated Heavy Action Spring
- Heavy duty and durable, this action spring is perfectly tuned and rated for the Mk-17’s rate of return.
Named after Sgt. 1st Class Kristoffer B. Domeij, 29, who was killed on his 14th deployment in Afghanistan on October 22, 2011. He was the Army’s first qualified Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) evaluator and his call sign was Tyrant 22. Kristoffer holds the ‘distinction’ of being the most deployed soldier in American history to be killed in action. Fearless in life and in combat, Domeij is remembered by friends and comrades as a consummate warrior and true professional. Col. Mark W. Odom, commander of the 75th Ranger Regiment, said Domeij was a veteran of hundreds of combat missions “whose ability to employ fire support platforms made him a game changer on the battlefield — an operator who in real terms had the value of an entire strike force on the battlefield.” Lt. Col. David Hodne, his battalion commander, said “this was a Ranger you wanted at your side when the chips were down.”
Operating System: Short Stroke Gas Piston System
Caliber: 7.62 x 51 NATO, 6.5 Creedmoor
Weight: 9.34lbs W/O Magazine, 9.78lbs W/ Empty magazine
Magazine Capacity: 20 Round
Height: 8″ Rear Sight to Bottom of Pistol Grip
Length: 6.5 Creedmoor 39″ W/ Stock collapsed / 7.62 X 51 NATO 35″ W/Stock collapsed
Barrel: 6.5 Creedmoor 20″ Barrel/ 7.62 X 51 NATO 16″ Barrel
Stock: 10 position collapsible with ACS-L
Coatings: Milspec Type 3 Hardcoat Anodize- Coyote Brown
MSRP: Call for Pricing
Gunnytime | Season 2015, Episode 101 – S Marks the Spot
SWORD International Accuracy Commitment:
SWORD International ensures each Mk-17 weapon system is tested at 100 yards using match-grade ammunition. Each weapon system is certified to shoot 1 MOA at 100 yards.
Though we are confident that each weapon system is capable of shooting sub MOA accuracy, we cannot guarantee every end-user proficiency level, optic quality, mounting solution, platform familiarity and ammunition is capable of taking advantage of that accuracy. The end-user should be aware that the above listed factors; as well as environmental variables can greatly affect accuracy